About QOTO Electric Valve Actuators
Power Tomorrow Actuator Valve offers a full line of electric actuators with torque ranges from 100 to 20,000 inch-pounds, in 115VAC, 230VAC, 24VAC, 12VDC and 24VDC voltages. All electric actuators are available for modulating (4-20mA control) or on-off service. Fully adjustable limit switches allow for fine control of on-off positions.
Valve actuators are a vital component in the modern day chemical, food and beverage, oil and gas, and electric power industries. These devices allow operators to remotely adjust the position of various types of valves. This ability is crucial, as the manual operation of valves in large industrial plants can be time-consuming and impractical.
Electric actuators are mechanical devices that convert electrical energy into a form of mechanical motion that drives the movement of the valve. The motion generated by the electrical actuator can either be rotary (electric quarter or multi-turn actuators) or linear (electric linear actuators).
The primary component of these actuators is the heavy-duty motor which rotates when energized. Other structural elements such as gears, bearings, and shafts typically work together with the motor to produce the desired valve motion.
BI-TORQ’s line of electric actuators is specially designed for complete control over quarter-turn valves, ball, butterfly, and plug valves.
Electric actuators offer a wide range of advantages over their pneumatic and hydraulic counterparts.
The most significant benefit of these actuators is their superior accuracy and precise positioning performance. Through the use of programmable encoders and controllers, electric actuators can easily achieve precise intermediate positioning with millimeter accuracy. These actuators are best suited for applications where flow needs to be throttled as opposed to simply being switched on or off. Furthermore, the programmable nature of electric actuators permits complete control over valve motion parameters such as velocity, position, and cycle times.
In addition to its overall accuracy, electric actuators are also considered to be cleaner and safer for the environment. Since their operation does not involve any fluids, leaks are eliminated, lowering the possibility of environmental contamination. Electric actuators are also quieter, making them ideal in noise-sensitive environments.
- Low maintenance
Although the initial cost may be slightly higher than other types of actuators, electric actuators require significantly less maintenance and part replacement, which results in an overall lower cost over the lifetime of the device.
LEARN MORE FROM PT-Actuator Valve
Power Tomorrow Actuator Valve offers a wide range of quarter-turn electric valves to meet the most demanding customer requirements. Some of the primary options/features of our electric valve actuators include:
- ISO bottom mounting for direct mount actuation with true ISO valves on most models
- Star pinion output design for greater flexibility in actuator-to-valve mounting
- Heavy-duty gear train motor with permanent lubrication
- Motor has thermal overload protection
- Standard NEMA 4 enclosure with options for NEMA 4X and NEMA 7
- Optional heater and thermostat for prevention of moisture in low temperature or high humidity environments
- Standard on-off SPDT limit switches for fine-tuning of on-off positions
- Dry contact auxiliary switches available for remote indication
- Optional 4-20 mA positioner board for modulating control
- Large inventory for same day shipment on many models
- Limit switches, modulating positioners, timers, and many other custom options available
- Available as part of a complete automated valve package or as a retrofit to existing valves in the field with our customized mounting hardware